20 April 2007

Overheard in Dublin

So my lady and I were in Dublin last month to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, and I was reminded of how loud Americans sound when they're on holiday. Last May in Florence there were hundreds of be-flipflopped American college girls rhapsodizing about how they loved Italy because they were, like, so into the Renaissance. In Dublin we heard "I fucking love Spar.* Spar is the shizzle." Yep, these are my poeple.

* Spar is a cheap grocery/convenience store chain with outlets throughout Europe.

2 Comments:

At 20 April, 2007 18:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it should be spelled 'Razzputin' though. God, I should totally work in advertising.

 
At 08 May, 2007 19:42, Blogger Jean-Baptiste Perrin said...

Anyway, it's still hilarious. But I have to agree, Spar rocks... ;-)

And by the way, great that you are back and posting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home