14 July 2005

Wonders of the World

So there's a guy with a site where he ranks the top 100 wonders of the world (and lists the top 1000 on another page). I think ranking these places is kind of silly, BUT it is fun to see how many I've been to, and which of the other ones I'd most like to visit.

By my count, I've been to 17 or 18 of the top 100. (It's been 20 years since I went to New York with my family, and I can't remember if we went to the Metropolitan Museum, although it sounds like the kind of place my Dad would take us. I guess if I can't remember it, it shouldn't count.) All of the ones I've seen are in the U.S. or Europe, except for the Golden Pavilion in Kyoto. I still have some travelling left to do.

I'd like to see just about every other Wonder in the top 100, but if there's one that really interests me, it's Dubrovnik. There's just something about fortified medieval ports which really gets me. I've always fantasized about being an archer on the rampart, shooting flaming arrows at attacking ships.

1 Comments:

At 11 August, 2005 20:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the killer...only been to 3, but considering I spent 8 days in Kyoto, I still didn't see the Golden Palace :P
(The Imperial Palace has lovely gardens, tho...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home